Foundation of a structure is hidden beneath it, but it is the most important feature that helps to keep you and your house safe. Without a perfect foundation your house can fall, the floors can become uneven and your doors and windows can warp. Apart from that, a dented house loses its value as an asset. Small cracks or damages can be repaired by anyone, but there are some other minute problems that sometimes miss our eyes.
There are many foundation companies listed in Yellow Pages that can help you inspect your house. Even internet is the easiest mode to look for the best company. Moreover, through internet you can also visit their website and read reviews written for and against them. They always have a contact number where you can approach them and the best man shall visit your home to inspect.
There can be a possibility that you hire a wrong foundation company and they take over the charge to frighten you. So, here are few tips that can help you select the right company for repair –
- Some companies send their engineers to analyze all problems and recommend something that is not required. However, you have to pay because you trust them, thus find if the engineers are well qualified and knowledgeable.
- You can check if the company is certified and their engineers have certification from good sources. They should be experienced in all foundation related problems.
- Check if they can provide repair solution on the spot, immediately after analyzing the trouble.
- The inspector should be aware of soil and weather your house is situated in and should talk in that language.
- They should be good in communicating the issue and problems so that you understand the criticality well.
- Before they start repairing ensure that they don’t have clauses related to repair. For example if they have to go below 30 feet into the ground they charge $30 for every foot.
- Every company after repair gives you warranty and any company that fails to do so should not be trusted.
There are chances that when you appoint a foundation engineer, you might get a person who tries to take an easy way out by saving his time and energy. Always stay away from such companies. It isn’t easy to inspect a completely settled house, which means any inspection cannot be completed too quickly.
Learn everything about the company and then decide to hire them.